Dengue patrol smkdmpr2 - Patient Comments: Dengue Fever - Descriptions Of Your Experiences


Comment from: Azizah, 45-54 Female (Patient)  published on 20th August 2016   
I got dengue fever last week, the first day I had severe headache and pain all around my joints and bones, high fever, extreme weakness, but my platelets were in normal ranges. Doctor said I must drink plenty of water and take only Panadol. The fever lasted 5 days and during this period I was not able to eat or drink, I never felt so sick like this, now the worst part is over and I am eating gradually but the recovery is very slow, I get tired easily and also had itching skin, which is now improving.

Comment from: liyana, 19-24 Female (Patient)published on 20th August 2016 
I was first infected with dengue fever 5 months ago. It was a terrible experience and I had a terrible itch towards the recovery process, which was so unbearable that I had to put my feet in ice. I was discharged after 6 days and had problem to sleep even though they gave me sleeping pills. The doctor even asked to change my room because he thought maybe there's a ghost in the room which I knew he was joking, but still I could not sleep. When I was back at home the same problem was bugging me, I only managed to sleep properly after 2 weeks. Sometimes I will wake up because of feeling really breathless. Maybe different people will have different symptoms.

Comment from: Krishnamurthy, 65-74 Male (Patient)published on 20th August 2016 
After getting drenched in rain one evening, I felt wobbly next morning. My family physician noted my blood pressure (BP) was 90/70 and prescribed a multivitamin tablet. The next day it got worse and I could hardly walk. My doctor found my BP 70/50. He advised me to immediately go to a hospital. I was admitted soon and was in the hospital with dengue fever for three days with continuous drips. My platelet count was down to 10000. My fellow patient at the hospital told me to squeeze papaya leaves and drink the extract in empty stomach and also eat lot of pomegranate fruits. My platelet count went up to 260000 in three days when I followed his suggestion. Now, after three weeks excepting for a little pain all over the body, I am normal.

Comment from: Wagne, 45-54 Male (Patient)published on 20th August 2016 
I arrived in Bali on 18th March 2016. I had mosquito bites on the 21st March 2016. I woke on 23rd march 2016 with night sweats. On 23rd March I had loss of appetite. On 24th March everything seemed back to normal well and no sweats. On 29th March fever started and I was lethargic. I had night chills and head ache and was admitted to the hospital. They advised it was dengue fever. On 31st March I was back in Australia with high temperature, night sweats, coughing, sore stomach and rash like carpet burn on chest type sore. On 7th April I was diagnosed with dengue. Fevers still lasting and headaches and lethargy till 22nd April.

Comment from: Niu Tang See, 65-74 Male (Patient)  published on 20th August 2016 
In 2010, while teaching at a university in China I became very ill and was diagnosed with dengue fever. I experience several days of very high fever and hurt so bad that I wanted to die. I took only aspirin to reduce fever and pain. In the 2 or 3 years following I experienced occasional night chills and sweats. Otherwise, I don't feel that I have any long term side effects and consider myself to be in excellent health.

Comment from: T, 35-44 Male (Patient) published on 20th August 2016
I had dengue fever twice while in the East Sepik, Papua New Guinea. The symptoms were as described in the article but very severe indeed. My symptoms included a dramatic drop in blood pressure, variance in heart beat from normal to very low, which produced periods of light-headedness. The long term effects included weakness and acute tiredness that lasted several months. The ongoing danger of dengue, especially in tropical regions, is the lowering of the immune system thus exposing an individual to other viruses and diseases.

Comment from: Azura, 35-44 Female (Patient)published on 20th August 2016
I am still recovering from dengue. Today is the 9th day (counting from the 1st day I had a sudden high fever). I don"t have rashes but I feel nauseous all the time and my whole body was painful (joint, muscle, back of the eyes and head, a very terrible headache). My platelet was not that low (still above 100) but white blood cell count was at 2.1 and remained around that figure until yesterday (8th day) when it suddenly went up to 5.8. Platelet also went up to 166. I had the worst fever ever. I"m still very lethargic. I can"t eat at all since the 1st day but I did drink lots of Gatorade and coconut water as well as other fruit juices and yogurt drinks. I totally depend on these liquids to fuel me.



No comments:

Post a Comment